I am a person focused on big ideas, who loves thinking and serving people, causes, and institutions I care about. I am currently a graduate research student at the Environmental Change Institute at Oxford University. I also write and visualize data on the side.
Highlights of my CV are attached below, for more details reach out on social media.
University of Oxford
School of Geography & the Environment: 2017 - Present
MPhil in Environmental Change & Management
- Foci in Corporate Governance, Natural History Museums
Member - Worcester College
- MCR Computer Rep
University of South Carolina
Department of Geography / School of the Earth Ocean & Environment: 2013-2017
B.S. in Geography / Marine Science, Minor in Geophysics
- Summa Cum Laude
- Major Concentration in Marine Policy & Coastal Resource Management / foci in Fisheries, Geological Oceanography, Environmental Processes & Management
- Graduation with Leadership Distinction in Community Service, Research, and Professional & Civic Engagement
Rhodes Artificial Intelligence Lab
Co-Director: Comms & Logistics: Sep 2018 - Present ~ Team Strategy & ML: Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Part of collaborative coding teams working on social problems.
Congressional Research Service
Truman Fellow / GIS Analyst: Jun 2017 - Jul 2017
Research fellow in the Knowledge Services Group, working to deliver GIS analysis and map products for Congress.
NOAA Office for Coastal Management
Hollings Fellow / Geospatial Scientist: Jun 2016 - Jul 2016
Research fellow in marine GIS, working with sea level rise and 3D GIS.
South Carolina Center for Children’s Books & Literacy
Volunteer Mapping: Mar 2015 - Dec 2016
Creating maps & analysis to visualize community impact.
McEntire Joint National Guard Base
GIS Technician: Feb 2015 - Aug 2015
Performed GIS, mapping and surveying duties under the base GIS coordinator.
Beitz and Daigh Geographics
GIS Intern: Sep 2013 - Jul 2014
Assisted in creating data and maps for clients in development & real estate.
Oxford School of Geography & The Environment
Jun 2018 - Present
Graduate thesis research into cartography and the use of maps for policy by political leaders.
USC Biogeography & National Park Service
Magellan Scholar Research Grant: Apr 2016 - Apr 2017
Biogeography research in Congaree National Park using a remotely operated vehicle (ROV).
SC Geographic Alliance & National Geographic Education
Magellan Mini-Grant: Apr 2015 - Dec 2016
Research on geographic education & spatial thinking.
Jan 2015 - Aug 2015
Collaborated with a team to construct an aquaponics system for sustainable farming, and designed mechanical solutions to improve the system’s biological efficiency.
USC Phytoplankton Ecology Research Lab
Sep 2014 - Mar 2016
Undergraduate research assistant for phytoplankton food web modeling and ecological analysis.
USC Beach & Dune Processes Lab
Magellan Apprentice Grant: Jun 2014 - May 2017
Developed statistical analyses for time series data to study instrumentation. Beach-dune system surveying.
- Information Is Beautiful Award - Rising Star
- Rhodes Scholar (South Carolina & Worcester 2017)
- Harry S. Truman Scholar
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholar
- Udall Honorable Mention
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration Ernest F. Hollings Scholar
- United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation Scholar
- United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation Geospatial Intelligence Certification
- National Geographic Certified Educator